Reggaeboyz Web Forum Index Reggaeboyz Web
Jamaican Football program and player updates

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burrell remains inspired despite huge JFF debts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reggaeboyz Web Forum Index -> The Reggaeboyz Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Burrell remains inspired despite huge JFF debts Reply with quote

PAUL A REID, Observer writer
Saturday, January 19, 2008

LITTLE LONDON, Westmoreland - Despite being faced with debts inherited from the previous administration,
president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Burrell Horace, says he has no regrets in
returning to helm the of the nation's football.

Burrell, who was re-elected unopposed as president of the JFF at last November's Voting Congress
held in Negril, said rather than looking at the various unexpected hurdles as setbacks, he prefers to
regard them as challenges.

"Absolutely not. I don't regard it (debts) as a setback, I regard it as a challenge to be overcome,"
a confident Burrell told Sporting World at Thursday's launch of the Westmoreland Football
Association's Captain's Bakery Major League at the Bay Road Sports Complex in Little London.

This week it was revealed that the JFF had been sued by a Kingston hotel for over $1 million in unpaid
bills dating back to 2006. This follows earlier reports that the JFF owes the English FA over £137,000
from tickets that were allocated to the local Federation for a friendly match in London between the two
countries last year. These are just recent additions to the body's mounting debt, most of which was
incurred during the Crenston Boxhill-led administration.

"I am prepared to continue to work very, very hard with the team that I have to overcome the
challenges. These challenges are not insurmountable but what I would not like to see is a repeat
of this happening to any sporting organisation in Jamaica, cricket or football," said the CFU
senior vice-president.

He did not miss a chance to lash out against the Boxhill administration. "I believe that when
administrators go forward to lead they should have the capacity to lead. If they don't they should
do the honourable thing and step down. What happened to football was a type of leadership that
was allowed to continue until the whole thing was almost eroded," Burrell charged.

The way forward, he said, was through hard work by his team and trying to pay off the debts from
proceeds coming from friendly internationals.

"I have a group of committed people working with me and we will come together and plan the way
forward," he said. "We are planning a number of friendly international games and we will use
some of the proceeds to offset some of the huge debts that we now face, so we have plans."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reggaeboyz Web Forum Index -> The Reggaeboyz Office All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: